Monday, March 14, 2011

WE MATCHED!

Match Day has left us in good spirits. We found out that we did match to one of the 4 programs Ben interviewed at! Where? We won't know until Thursday, but for now, a sigh of relief that scrambling is not a nightmare we will have to face.

My faith was well-placed in my husband, as usual. I told him I was not nervous at all, that I had complete faith in him, when, okay, let's be real, yes, I was a little nervous about the possibility of having to scramble.

In this last 6 weeks, he was so full of self-doubt, and was sure his risky decision had cost us our life plan. It was a little disconcerting to see my type A, confident, smart, very successful husband worry so much about this. It is so not like him to doubt himself. Last night he was practically wearing a hole in the carpet from pacing with anxiety. This morning, when he called from his current (and LAST) rotation in medical school, he was elated! He said, "I can't tell you how much it means to me that even though I doubted myself, you always believed in me and were so supportive. I am so glad that your confidence in me was not in vain." I guess I made the right decision to keep my anxiety to myself. :)

2 comments:

  1. i was 100% confident that my DH would match until about 2am last night. i dry heaved this morning at the idea of scrambling. at 11:54am CST, Journey's "Dont Stop Believing" came on the radio. at 11:58am the email came into the inbox saying we matched. it's incredible to think that yes, my DH is actually going to be an orthopod!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you guys! I can't wait to hear where you are going.

    ReplyDelete