Wednesday, September 19, 2012

One day left of residency

I can't believe it's almost over.  One more day of residency and he's a real, board certified, bonafide anesthesiologist.  Tomorrow is the end of an era.  I feel like I should have some sort of degree or something for enduring this time of famine.  We are staring our debt straight in the eye.  We are broke as dirt and closing on a large beautiful home.  My life is a contradiction right now.
The contracts are signed, tests are passed, paperwork complete.  Just waiting now for our new life to start.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats that's so exciting for you! Do most residencies end around September or is it just the program you guys are in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not usually, Chad is off-cycle for changing programs. He's finishing late, usually they finish end of June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! I can't wait for our day to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!
    This is very exciting! I hope you get more time with your husband and he gets more time with his family :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have one and a half more years. I am wondering what it is like now that he is out of residency. Is it different? I can't wait. We have #3 on the way now and the hubs isn't home enough. Thanks for being a light at the end of the tunnel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! Keep going strong! Every time i read your blog I feel like someone can understand me. Doing residency with a family its hard. My husband is in his third year of residency and he have do 3 more years for his fellowship. Im a little stressed about the moving, the internal medicine board exam, and everything else. But what the heck there is nothing we cant do. I like to say that to myself ahaha. Cant wait until all this ends. Im looking foward :)

    ReplyDelete